- Submit Help Tickets
- Access PeopleGrove Support
- Contact Account Manager
- Tips and Best Practices for Submitting Tickets
This article explains how you can use PeopleGrove Support to find answers to your questions about PeopleGrove features and tools. You can search our knowledgebase, user community, submit help requests, suggest new features, and more.
Systems Admins (anyone with hub or cluster admin permissions) will see a large turquoise admin-support button (?) in the bottom right corner of their site.
Using the large turquoise (?) button, admins can:
- Access the End User Help Center (about 60+ articles and videos)
- Access the Admin Help Center (about 115+ articles and videos)
- Access the PG Client Community
- Submit tickets to the PG support team (bugs reports and "How Do I..." questions), the PG product team (feature ideas), and their customer success manager (General Questions)
- Track, manage, and respond to all their submitted tickets in our ticketing system
PeopleGrove supports all admins on the site, but we highly recommend that an internal admin coordinate all admin requests in order to centralize knowledge and understanding of the platform.
We ask that you submit support requests via our ticketing system rather than by emailing us directly. If you email us directly, we will simply forward your request into the support system anyway, but because it won't have been prioritized, we won't get to it as quickly.
Open new ticket
To submit a new ticket or check the status of existing tickets, click the question mark icon in the bottom right corner of your screen.
Identify the type of support you need
As you submit your ticket, you can select from four types of support request:
- How Do I... – If you're not sure how to do something, ask us here!
- General Questions – Choose this box if you have questions about configuring your site
- Bug / Technical Issues – Let us know if you think you've detected a bug or are encountering a technical issue.
- Enhancement / Feature Idea – Got a suggestion for how we could improve the platform? Tell us about it! Please note that we do not respond to these ideas directly (we get a lot of them). Our Product Team will reach out if they want to get more information about your idea.
The more detailed the description you provide, the faster we'll be able to solve your issue!
Take the following into consideration when submitting your ticket:
- Screenshots usually help!
- Also helpful are user names/emails – is a user is experiencing an issue, don't just tell us about the issue, send us the user name as well!
- If you have a question about a job posting, specific resource, group, or program, let us know which one! Otherwise we'll just have to write back and ask.
Why you should use PeopleGrove Support
The PeopleGrove Support site hosts our Help Center and the PeopleGrove Community, as well as providing a personal dashboard for you where you can manage your submitted tickets.
PeopleGrove Help Center
The Help Center contains comprehensive guides that will walk you through how to set up your platform during implementation and how to market and manage your platform after implementation to maximize engagement. In addition to practical guides, the Help Center includes best practices and examples of what other clients have done.
The PeopleGrove Community provides a place for clients to connect directly to share best practices and use tips. You can use it to learn more about how others are using their PeopleGrove platform as well as to connect with others who are passionate about running successful mentorship programs.
Go to your ticket dashboard to check the status of your submitted tickets. You'll be able to see if we’ve started working on them, if we’re awaiting a response from you, or if they’re solved.
You can even review all tickets submitted by all admins on your platform (if this is of interest to you, ask us to turn it on!).
Log into PeopleGrove Support
Go to support.peoplegrove.com and follow the instructions to sign in.
Browse the Admin Help Center
Click "PeopleGrove Administrators" then scroll down to review the different sections and the help articles within each.
Participate in the Community
Scroll down and click "Join the Community." This will take you to the Community page where you can browse topics, create new posts within each topic, or respond to what others have posted.
View Submitted Tickets
After logging into Support, click on your name in the upper right corner then, from the drop-down, select "My Activities."
This will allow you to check the status of tickets you’ve created to see if we’ve started working on them, if we’re awaiting a response from you, or if they’re solved. And we’ll also send you auto-notifications about changes to the status of your tickets.
You'll be able to follow up on specific tickets by messaging us.
We try to respond to your tickets as quickly as possible, but often times we'll need to ask follow-up questions before we can accurately diagnose what's happening / direct you to the right help content / fix a bug.
To help us out (and get a faster resolution!), you can send a detailed description and screenshots when you first submit your ticket. That way, we won't need to follow up with as many annoying requests for more info.
Here, we'll go over tips and best practices for submitting tickets that we'll be able to resolve quickly.
- Include a screenshot or video
- Describe what's happening in detail
- Tell us what page/tool you were using
- If other users experienced the issue, tell us their email/names
Screenshots help us diagnose your issues quickly. They can show us what's happening more effectively than a written description - and they'll also show us what page you were on when you encountered the issue.
Plus, it's super easy to take screenshots! We're including instructions (usually keyboard shortcuts) for taking screenshots below.
|Shift + Command + 3||Press the Home and Sleep buttons at the same time||Alt + PrtScn||Ctrl + F5|
Once you've taken your screenshot(s), you should be able to simply drag them from your desktop or folder into the ticket form (you can also browse for and attach files from your computer) - there's absolutely no need to open a separate Word .doc and insert the screenshots into that, because you can drag in/browse for and attach a .png or .jpeg just as easily as a .doc. Including a word doc to house your screenshot is extraneous.
We love videos! They make diagnosing your issue much, much faster.
To take a video, you could use the built-in video tool on your device, or you could use Loom, which is our favorite video recording tool since it allows you to quickly record your screen (and your voice, if desired) then share a link to the video with us.
Simply telling us there's a bug doesn't give us much to work with! We'll likely end up writing back asking for more details, so you'll save some time in the long-run by describing in detail what's happening when you first submit your ticket.
Include any details that you think might be relevant, such as what you're trying to do, what you did, and at what point in the process you encountered a bug or found yourself unsure of how to do something.
Telling us what page you're on or what tool you're using will help us immediately understand what's going on! Including a link would also serve here.
Did a student or alumni report an issue to you or ask a question? Make sure to tell us the student/alum's name or email so we can look them up in Explore Users.