Share your knowledge with your community! Help others out, or ask a question yourself.
The discussion tab is a place you can learn from others or share your knowledge! On it, you can:
- Ask questions (anonymously or as yourself)
- Answer questions
- Browse existing questions and answers
1. Add a question to the discussion feed by typing in the box at the top of the feed.
2. A pop up will appear in which you can add a link and format your text using the editing buttons in the upper right of the text box.
3. Add attachments by clicking the “Add attachment” button in the lower right corner.
4. Check the “Post anonymously” box if you want to post anonymously; the default is posting as yourself.
5. Finally, click the "Post" button to publish your discussion post. It may take a few hours / days for your site admins to approve your post before it will appear on the discussion page.
Note that you'll be automatically subscribed to notifications sent when responses to your question are posted. For info on how to unsubscribe from these notifications, see these instructions.
How to view your posted questions:
Just go to the My Posts tab at the top of the Discussion page.
1. Scroll through the discussion feed to see questions.
2. Use the search box in the upper right if you’re interested in a particular topic or person.
3. Answer a question by clicking in the text field below the question. This will open a text box where you can enter and format your answer. When you're ready to post your answer, click "Post."
Bear in mind that your answer will be attributed to you - you can’t answer anonymously.
Are you getting too many notifications about discussion threads you're a part of? Follow these steps to stop receiving email updates about discussion threads.
How to unsubscribe from Discussion notifications:
1. Go to the discussion page and look through the posts (or go straight to the post you received an email update about). Discussion threads that you're subscribed to will have blue "Unsubscribe" text.
2. Click the blue "Unsubscribe" text at the bottom of the original post in the thread. The text will change to "Notify Me" (which you can click to resubscribe), indicating that you've successfully unsubscribed.
Want to stop getting all email notifications from the platform? It's easy - learn how here.