Making a great impression is easy if you set up your profile right! Learn how to adjust your name, image, headline, and much more.
- I searched for my profile and I can't find it! Now I'm worried no one else can either
- How do I add or change my profile picture?
- Can I hide my profile or limit my availability as a mentor?
If you are present on the platform to connect with others but not available for others to connect with, your profile will be hidden to everyone except those to whom you reach out; once you've reached out to someone, they will be able to access and view your full profile.
If you're available for others to connect with, your profile card will be visible on the Explore the Community page, unless you choose to make it private. Once your availability limits have been met, your profile will cease to be visible until you are once again available.
If your profile is visible, then other users will be able to find your profile card on the Explore the Community page (depending on how your site admins set things up, you may not be able to see this page!).
This is a sample of what your profile card will look like to others who view it:
When others click the "Full Profile" button on your profile card, they'll be able to see your full profile.
This is a sample of what your full profile will look like to others who view it:
You can update most of the content on your profile card by updating your profile header. Your profile header appears across the top of your profile when others click into it.
To update the rest of the info on your full profile (work experience, education background, linked accounts, and other information about you), learn how to update your My Profile page.
To get to the header:
1. Click your profile image in the upper right corner of your screen.
2. Select "My Profile" from the drop-down menu.
3. Your profile header will be the bar that appears across the top of your screen.
Here's what you can customize in your profile header:
1. Your name
2. Profile image
3. Background (not included on profile card)
How to update the info in your profile header:
6. Click the pencil icon in the upper right corner of your profile header to enter edit mode (see image above).
7. Type in the text fields to update your first and last name, headline, and location. When updating your location, make sure to select from the auto-fill list that will appear as you type (see image below).
8. To edit your profile picture, simply click on it then follow the prompts to upload or link to your image.
9. By default, you'll see a solid blue color as your profile background; you can change the background color by clicking "Background Color" in the lower right of the profile header, or you can use a cover photo instead of a background color by clicking "Cover Photo" then following the prompts to upload or link to your preferred image. Tip - if your background image is too pixelated, try using a larger image!
10. Finally, make sure to click the green "Save" button to preserve your changes.