- Background Profile
- About Section
- Current and Past Experience
- Education Background
- Linking accounts after signup
- Click your profile image in the upper right.
- From the drop-down menu, select "My Profile." This will take you to the "About" tab of your profile.
- In the menu on the right, you'll see a summary of the different sections of your profile Background.
- On the main page, you'll find the Background Content, which you can edit by following the instructions below.
Use your brief bio to give people a summary of who you are and what you're passionate about.
To enter edit mode for your Brief Bio About yourself:
- Click the pencil icon in the upper right corner to go into edit mode.
- Write a brief message.
- Click Save.
In Current and Past Experience, you can list your work history. Positions will be listed in the order added, with the most recently added positions at the top of the list - note that it's impossible to rearrange list items after adding them.
To enter edit mode for Current and Past Experience:
1. Click the pencil icon in the upper right corner to enter edit mode.
To add a new company:
2. Click in the text field under Add other companies you have worked at
3. Press the "Enter" or "Return" key on your keyboard. Alternatively, you can click the "Add" text to the far right.
4. Your new company will appear below.
To edit an added company:
5. Click "Edit/Remove Positions" to add details. This will open editing mode for that particular position.
6. Click in the "Company Name" text box to edit or remove your experience.
7. Click in the Location box and type in your location, then select the most appropriate location from the drop-down list that will appear as you type.
8. Enter details about your role in the Role text box.
9. Select a start date (month and year) if you wish.
10. You can also add an end date, or - if the role is current - check the "Present" box to indicate that you still work there.
11. Finally, describe your role in more detail in the Description text box.
12. When you're satisfied, click "Finish" to close editing mode for that position
13. Add as many experiences as you want, then, when you're done, click "Save" to preserve your changes.
In the Background section, you can input info about your education, such as institutions and degrees. You'll also be able to share links highlighting your background or experience, such as links to your LinkedIn profile, Github, or other external websites.
To enter edit mode for Background:
Click the pencil icon in the upper right corner to enter edit mode.
To edit and add to your Education info:
In the pop up window that follows, you'll once again click the pencil icon in the upper right corner to enter edit mode.
You can choose to hide your graduation year by clicking the Hide box next to the graduation year box.
You may have chosen to link up some of your external accounts during signup, but you'll also have the opportunity to do so after signup from the Link Accounts section of your profile. You can always unlink your accounts from here as well.
1. Click on your profile picture in the upper right corner.
2. Select My Profile from the dropdown menu.
3. Scroll down to the section called Link Accounts and choose which accounts you'd like to link.
- Linking accounts after signup
- What does linking an external account do?
- External account FAQs
- To link account
- To unlink account
Linking an external account will allow you to choose that account as a sign-in option and then sign in using your login info for that account.
From LinkedIn and Facebook, we'll also be able to import some basic information:
- LinkedIn: We will be able to import your profile image, email address, and first and last name.
- Facebook: We will be able to import your profile image, full work history, and full education history
- I'm having trouble connecting LinkedIn - help!
- I seem to have a duplicate account...what do I do?
- I connected LinkedIn, but not all my info is transferring. Why?
- Why do you ask for so many LinkedIn permissions? I don't want to give you access to my account.
To link an account, simply click the account option you'd like to link (in the example below, we're using LinkedIn).
Once you've clicked to link your account, a pop-up will open (so make sure you're not blocking pop-ups in your browser!); follow the prompts there to sync up your account.
2. When an account has been linked, you'll see confirmation.
3. If you've recently updated your data on your external account, you can update it here by clicking "Refresh Data."
4. You can unlink your account at any point by clicking "Unlink."
SuperUser Tip on Strengthing your Profile: