This document describes how payments work within PeopleGrove and how to set up these payments. BrainTree is the exclusive provider of payments with PeopleGrove due to its flexibility and security. PeopleGrove only supports payments for event ticketing.
PeopleGrove has partnered with Braintree Payments - a PayPal-owned company - to handle all
payments through PeopleGrove. Braintree is a modern and secure platform that provides us
with the most advanced tools to simplify the payment process.
Braintree is extremely secure and PCI compliant. Braintree is responsible for storing any
payment information. PeopleGrove never has access to any payment information provided
through the platform - it is sent directly to Braintree.
For questions on Braintree, please contact Braintree sales support
(email@example.com / 877-511-5036).
To use Braintree payments with PeopleGrove, we ask you to set up your own Braintree
merchant account so that money collected is deposited directly into your own bank account.
This way, we simply provide the technology for you to accept the payments, but you retain
full control over payments collected.
To get started, follow the steps below:
Set up a Braintree account
- Link: https://apply.braintreegateway.com/signup/us
- For further questions, you can contact Braintree sales support at firstname.lastname@example.org
Go through the Braintree approval process
- Braintree will contact you within 1 business day for any required follow up
Once approved, log in to your account and provide us with your API credentials
- This allows us to set up PeopleGrove to take payments through your account
- Submit a ticket to our support team by clicking the green question mark icon in the bottom right corner of any page on your PeopleGrove site with the details (Merchant ID, Public Key, and Private Key – see screenshot below)
You’re all set!
- We’ll add the API keys to your account and all future payments will come
through your Braintree account.
PeopleGrove does not charge any fees to accept payment. Our partner, Braintree, will charge
fees based on their pricing page here: https://www.braintreepayments.com/braintree-pricing.
Do I have to use Braintree?
Yes - at this time, we only support Braintree for payments. Building payments into the
platform requires a significant effort, so we have chosen to partner with a single
Is there any way around using Braintree?
This would require custom development from the PeopleGrove team. Nothing is
impossible, but building an integration with any other processor would require an
additional fee and scope of work.
How do I get the money? Is PeopleGrove charging a fee?
The money will be deposited directly to your institution. By establishing an account
with Braintree, you will have a direct relationship with them. PeopleGrove will just use
your account information (API keys) to process payments through your account.