Received a message through the platform? Congrats!
Now it’s time to decide if you want to continue the conversation or if the mentee is just not a good match for you. We’ll cover how to view your potential mentee’s profile, how to reply and schedule a meeting, and how to decline a connection request if you don't feel it's a good match.
Review the mentee’s profile
There are a couple ways you can access your mentee's profile - from the email notification you received or by logging into your platform inbox and clicking their profile image. We'll go over both below:
Option 1: View their profile from the notification email
In the email notification you received, look for and then click the blue Visit Messaging Hub button.
Option 2: View their profile from your platform inbox
- Log into the platform and go to your inbox
- Click on the relevant connection request
- Click on the profile image of the person who reached out to you
Continue the conversation in your platform inbox
If you've decided you'd like to accept the connection request you received, you can reply to the mentee's message and accept their proposed meeting (if they scheduled one) or reschedule it as needed. You can do all that from your platform inbox, where you can access your conversation threads as well.
In your platform inbox, you'll be able to:
- Respond to ongoing conversations
- Schedule, accept, and decline meetings
- Initiate video calls
- and more...
End the conversation
It's ok if you don't want to take on a particular mentee! Maybe your schedule got busier than you expected, or maybe you don't think the mentee is a great fit. That's perfectly fine.
How to decline a request
1. Go to your platform inbox.
2. Find the relevant conversation thread.
3. Click the Manage conversation icon (three dots) at the top of the conversation.
4. Choose Archive/Close Conversation from the drop-down menu.
5. You'll be asked to confirm that you definitely want to decline the request and close the conversation.
Please sign in to leave a comment.