Video on creating a secure file storage bucket:
Note: This process creates an Amazon AWS file storage bucket which you can manage from your PeopleGrove site. Once the storage bucket is created, a CSV containing your credentials (i.e. Access Key and Secret Access Key) to the AWS bucket will download. You will only need these if you wish to use your storage bucket with another site as well. We recommend saving your credentials somewhere secure, but you won’t need them to access the bucket from your PeopleGrove site.
Setting up a recurring import:
1. First create a formatted CSV with the data you wish to import. (based on the formatting you learned in import training)
2. Click Upload the file to your secure file storage bucket.
3. If you have no folders set up yet, you’ll be asked to create and name one now.
4. Then you will need to upload your CSV file.
5. Save the file path (folder name + file name). For example: recurring_syncs/Recurring Student Import.csv
6. Visit the Import Data tool, and create a new Recurring Data Sync.
7. Name the sync, select the import type, and enter the file path.
8. Select the day(s) of the week and the hour at which you want the import to run.
9. Set your import settings.
10. Return to the Recurring Data Sync page to Enable the import.
11. You can edit your import setting by clicking Edit Settings next to the import.
Setting up a recurring export:
1. Visit Explore Users,
2. Filter for the end users you wish to export
- add and/or remove columns to capture the data you wish to export for each end user.
2. Click on Reports
3. Click Save Report
4. Name your report.
5. Go to Export Data.
6. Click Setup New Export Job.
7. Name your export
8. Select the Explore Users report you wish to export.
6. Set your export settings (how frequently and when to run your export)
7. Once the export has run, you’ll find a copy of the CSV in your Secure File Storage bucket. Click on the pg_scheduled_export_jobs/ folder, and you’ll see all export files with the time stamp of when the export occurred in the file name.