- Who has access
- Importing a LinkedIn profile PDF from your profile
- Importing a LinkedIn profile PDF during onboarding
- Keeping profile information up to date
Students and alumni want a quick and easy way to create their profiles, while alumni offices struggle to keep alumni information accurate and up to date.
We’ve made it easier and more intuitive for users to set up their profile by importing a PDF of their resume or LinkedIn profile. We’ve also added emails and prompts that ask alumni every 6 months to confirm that their company, role, and location are up to date.
Who has access
All users will be able to import a PDF of their LinkedIn profile, but only alumni will be prompted periodically to confirm their profile is up to date.
Importing a LinkedIn profile PDF from your profile
Alumni and other users can navigate to their profile pages to see the ‘Easy Profile Builder’ with options to import a PDF of their resume or LinkedIn profile.
To upload a LinkedIn profile, a user will:
- Head to LinkedIn and sign in
- Click on your photo in the top left to get to their LinkedIn profile page
- Click on the 'More…' button
- Click 'Save to PDF'
- Return to PeopleGrove and click 'Import LinkedIn PDF'
- You may need to edit the formatting of the text during the preview. This is normal and part of the process.
Importing a LinkedIn profile PDF during onboarding
To encourage more users to share their work history, we will ask new alumni who join to import a resume or PDF during sign up.
Alumni may choose to import a resume or LinkedIn profile. We always recommend importing from Linkedin vs resume as the parsing will be more accurate.
If they choose to import a LinkedIn profile, they will see instructions on how to do so.
Once a file is imported, alumni must review and edit any imported information before continuing. All imported information will be saved to speed up the rest of the onboarding process.
Keeping profile information up to date
To keep data up to date, alumni receive emails and in product reminders once it has been six months since they last updated their professional experience. If an alumni updates their professional experience, it will reset the six month timer.
What if the importer pulls in incorrectly formatted, inaccurate or repetitive information?
- This is normal and users will be able to edit or delete any information that is imported. Due to the way LinkedIn Data is stored, perfect importing of data in our system is not always possible.
Why can't PeopleGrove pull my information from LinkedIn automatically?
- Unfortunately, LinkedIn restricts access to personal profiles via API. This is due to their desire to monetize your data for their purposes.
The Date formatting for my employment data all says "- Current".
- This is a known issue. Users should edit the data in preview after they import the PDF.