How Program and Hub Administrators Work Together to Launch a Program:
Data Imports & Bulk Email Invitations
When launching and managing a formal mentoring program, there are two key areas that the program and hub administrators will need to collaborate on in order for a program to launch successfully.
They are listed below:
Data Imports for the Program Invitees:
Data imports happen on the platform level. The hub administrator should be trained on this tool and comfortable with importing data into the platform, as they will be importing program invitee data for the program administrators.
The process is as follows:
- The hub administrator will need to attend our Data Import Tool Training (link to register) before running any imports and review our import guide and instructions.
- The program administrator will prepare the files of the users they would like to invite to the program using this template to share with the hub administrator. It is very important that this is formatted correctly in order to import successfully.
- We recommend including the User Tag column, as this will facilitate the invitation process.
- The hub administrator imports the file. It is recommended to choose the “Import Users” option in the import tool, and not the “Import User to Groups/Program” option. The reason for this is importing users into the hub and then inviting them to join the program allows for users to opt-in to the program. Importing users directly into the program requires users to opt-out of joining a program. The first option is a better user experience.
During the import process, the hub administrator will choose the “Both Import or Update” option. This will import any users not already in the platform and will update any existing users with the user tag.
Bulk Email Invitations:
Invitations to a formal program are sent out using the hub-level bulk email tool. Therefore, the hub administrator and the program administrator will need to work together to get the initial invitations drafted and sent out to the program invitees.
The process is:
- The hub and program administrator create the invitations in the hub-level bulk email tool which is only accessed by the hub administrator (This module exists under Hub Admin → Email and Notifications → Bulk Emails). We recommend starting with the Program Invitation template to create a template for mentors and a template for mentees.
- It is very important that the Call to Action button in the invitations links to the Program. Here is a video that walks through how to link the button correctly.
- Please review the guide to the bulk email tool.
- Once templates are created and data imports are complete, invitations are ready to be sent out by the hub administrator. It is recommended to send the Mentor invitations first and follow up with Mentee invitations later, as Mentors will be in the Mentors. The program administrator should have already decided on this timeline and communicated it to the hub administrator.
- When selecting email recipients, the hub administrator will use the User Tag filter to filter for the mentors or the mentees. Here is a video that walks through filtering for user tags in the bulk email tool.
- We recommend sending follow-up emails to Mentors and Mentees reminding them to register for the program. There is an additional filter to use to filter out those who have already completed registration. This video walks through sending a follow up email to only those who haven't registered.
Once mentors and mentees have joined the program, the program administrator can communicate with the users who have completed registration using the bulk email tool located at the program level (This tool is location under the Program Admin Settings → Bulk Email).
It is highly recommended that the program administrator review the PeopleGrove knowledge base program resources and attend the two program webinars to get familiarized with this process and the tools they will be using. Registration for the two programs are listed below:
- Program Part 1 Pre-Launch Webinar: design, configuration, imports, bulk email invitations, and bulk matching
- Program Part 2 Post-Launch Webinar: program analytics, measuring mentorship health, participant engagement strategies, re-matching, and closing out your program for a new cohort
Any questions can be submitted to our product support team using the blue question mark in your dashboard and selecting “Contact Us”.