Congrats! You've been chosen by your platform admins to create short videos aimed at prospective students, answering common questions and giving them valuable insights into life at your university. We're looking for candid, engaging content that's relevant to potential students. Get creative, let your personality shine through, and have fun!
- Keep the camera around eye level (prop it up on some books)
- Keep yourself about an arm's length away from the camera
- Leave a small amount of space between the top of your head and the top of the frame
- Keep the light in front of you (avoid having a window behind you - you'll look like you are in the dark)
- You can natural lighting or something like a ring light
- A messy background can be distracting - take a minute to clear out the visual "noise"
- Avoid loud spaces - if you can't control the sound of your room consider using headphones with a microphone attached
- Have notes, not a script.
- You are probably not an actor - most people aren't. Give yourself bullet points to discuss. You'll sound more like yourself.
- Practice once or twice so you feel like you are talking to a friend and not screen.
- When you are ready:
- Take a deep breath
- Look right into the camera
- and smile
- Have fun!
You'll see a platform notification like this when you log in.
1. To view the prompt, click on Profile from the dropdown menu next to your profile image.
2. You'll see a section called Video Answers where you'll find any pending prompts. At the bottom of the prompt you want to respond to, click the blue Respond Now button.
You'll also receive an email containing an invitation link to answer a video prompt. All you need to do is click the blue View Questions button, and you'll be directed to the prompt.
Creating Your Video Answer
If you've been invited by your platform administrators to respond to video prompts, you'll find the available prompts in your profile. Click the blue Respond Now button to create your video.
Whether you choose to record a video or upload one, you'll be able to watch your video and either delete or submit it. After submitting your response, you'll see a confirmation message with a link to go to your profile to access your video.
Viewing a Video Answer
To view a video answer, simply visit the user's profile. Here you'll find any video answers that they've submitted.
Reporting a Video
1. To report a video, click the three dots under the video to the right.
2. You'll be prompted to select the reason you're reporting the video from the dropdown menu. Options are:
- Sexual content
- Violent or repulsive content
- Hateful or abusive content
- Spam or misleading
- Obscene language
After you've reported a video, you'll no longer see it. It will initially be hidden from all users on the platform until administrators review it and decide whether to delete it permanently. Whatever the outcome, you won't see the video again. If you'd like to block the video poster, you'll find instructions here.
If Your Video Has Been Reported
If another user reports your video for violating community guidelines, you'll receive an email explaining why. If you'd like, you can submit a new video response, or reach out to platform administrators with any questions.